The aim of the award is to cultivate a greater sense of volunteerism among students by recognizing individuals who dedicate their efforts to enact positive change within their respective communities while maintaining outstanding academic performance.
- USP students in their final academic year with a CGPA of 80% or above can apply for this award.
- They must demonstrate commitment and dedication, service to community, impact, and innovation through the fulfillment of the USP civic engagement requirements (volunteerism, leadership training workshops, internship, and community service projects).
- Ideal applicants should also have a record of academic excellence.
- A reference letter from a community partner or NGO which might include an internship supervisor or an NGO staff where the volunteering has been completed.
- A copy of the official transcript.
- Fill out and submit the application form before February 5, 2018.
- Applicants will be evaluated based on leadership excellence (50%) and academic excellence (50%).
- The shortlisted candidates will be invited to a 15-20 minute interview with the jury to explain more about their community engagement experience and propose a vision for a community service project.
- The first and second winners will be expected to identify the professional workshop/course outside Lebanon, which aligns with their career path and individual development plan, and inform the USP management team for verification of the appropriate fit;
- The third winner will be expected to identify the graduate studies preparation course and exam and inform USP management team for verification;
- LAU will share with the winning students a list of potential available professional opportunities from vetted institutions in Lebanon and MENA region based on their major and defined career path;
- An article/success story will be published on LAU-USP website, Facebook pages to highlight the winners.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please e-mail us.