The medical coverage premiums for new students and returnees for Spring 2018 are as follows:
- Medical insurance: $153 (tentative premium) insures you for up to $50,000 worth of 2nd class hospitalization (IN-Hospital plan) costs at all hospitals and up to $750 emergency fees due to accidents.
- School liability: $15 insures you in case of accidents on campus or outside campus on university sponsored activities. This charge is mandatory for all students and cannot be waived.
- National Social Security Fund (NSSF): $135 if you are Lebanese or French with no proof of social security coverage for you. Students of other nationalities are exempted from this charge as they do not benefit from the NSSF. (N.B. If you are a holder of a dual nationality, the NSSF fee will be charged/waived according to the nationality that you have presented or petitioned for at the Admissions office) Also, freshman students and students of age 30 and above are exempted from the NSSF fee.
The above changes will automatically be added to your statement of fees. If you are already covered through other sources, you should submit proof of this at the following dates and location to have these fees cancelled.
- Date: January 15 - January 22, 2017
- Time: 9:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m.- 3:00 p.m.
- Beirut campus: WKSC (Student Center) Room 419
- Byblos campus: Dorm B, Ground Floor, Office 504
Contact us for more information:
Types of Proof to be presented for waiving charges:
- If you already have a medical insurance, present a photocopy of a valid insurance card as proof to waive insurance charges (expiry date preferably not before the end of the academic year). If your medical insurance expires before the end of the academic year, you are required to supply the Office of the Dean of Students with a copy of the renewed card as soon as you have it.
- If you are already registered in the NSSF (الصندوق الوطني للضمان الاجتماعي) through your parent’s profession, an original statement from NSSF, not exceeding one month date of issuance, showing your enrollment under your father/mother ( جامعات: نوع الافادة) should be provided or (افادة خدمة من الضمان) in case you are employed. If the parent is retired, the statement should show that they are still eligible for medical coverage.
Types of proof of medical coverage:
- A photocopy of a valid insurance card.
- National Social Security Fund NSSF (original statement) not older than one month
- Public Employees COOP (original statement)
- Judges Consolidation Fund (photocopy of card)
- Lebanese University Faculty Consolidation Fund (photocopy of card)
- Municipalities (original statement)
- Lebanese Army, Internal Security, General Security, and State Security (photocopy of card)
- Customs (original statement)
- Syndicate of Lawyers (photocopy of card)
Please check with your parents if you’re not sure about your medical insurance status. Remember that you must submit the documents before printing your statement of fees.