The Health Services office at LAU provides primary health care to students and serves as an information resource for the campus community through its organization of several health-related campaigns each year.
The Health Services offices operate under the supervision of registered nurses: Jocelyne Karkour in Beirut, and Maria El Ghoul in Byblos.
The offices provide the following services when the university is in session:
- Acute illness evaluation and treatment
- Emergency assistance and first aid
- General medical/nursing care
- Medications supply of over-the-counter drugs for emergency relief
- Blood pressure checks
- Blood sugar level assessment
- Eating disorder and nutritional consultation
- Health counseling and education
- Health promotion programs and information
- Referrals to community health-care providers or specialists
- Verification of absences to professors and release of a signed notification of extended absence due to medical reasons.
All consultations and medical records are kept completely confidential. No information is ever discussed with or released to anyone without the patient’s consent. Medical records and academic records are not connected in any way.