LAU is committed to making its campuses safe and secure, providing students with an optimum environment for learning, pursuing their interests, and socializing.
Security guards protect the campus entrances 24/7. Visitors who walk in on unscheduled visits to our campuses are asked to provide their IDs. The campus entrances are open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. every day.
The dorms are similarly controlled (how is security managed at the residence halls?).
University emergency numbers:
- Medical Assistance Emergency during work hours: 1040 (Beirut) and 2040 (Byblos)
- Winter (September-May) 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Summer (June-August) 7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Medical Assistance Emergency outside work hours: 1500 (Beirut) and 2500 (Byblos)
- Facilities Emergency (to report fire, water flood or leakage, electricity problems, etc.): 1010 (Beirut) and 2020 (Byblos)
- Students can call the Protection Department on ext. 1500 (Beirut) and 2500 (Byblos) at any time.
Lebanon emergency numbers:
- Police: 112
- Fire: 175
- Red Cross: 140