Network, Network, Network
- Where can you network?
- You may meet your potential employer in many places such as:
- Career and internship fair and recruitment presentations
- Conferences, seminars, and workshops
- Alumni networking reception:Co-organized with the Alumni Relations office, this event is an opportunity for LAU alums to meet with company representatives, swap business cards and discuss career opportunities
- Social events
- Plan Your Networking
- Try to identify relevant people
- Select a person who is not speaking with anyone
- Introduce yourself in a professional manner and make sure to smile
- Make the Connection
- Maintain eye contact
- Your handshake should be firm
- Best way to keep a good impression: show liveliness, energy and eagerness to start your career
- Ask Questions
- Ask about the organization
- Ask meaningful questions about the line of business/industry
- Ask about the job responsibilities and educational background
- Ask about main factors of success
- Follow Up
- Remember names
- Ask for business cards
- Send a little thank you card, which will make your new contacts remember you or make you stand out of the crowd
- Create an opportunity to meet or speak again
Brand yourself and stand out from the crowd
- Your reputation is your most important professional strength
- Your brand is comprised of your credibility and personality
- People’s perception will affect their decision whether to offer you a job
- Show off your skills and knowledge
- Employers look for exceptional people
- Your uniqueness to be memorable
Attend the Career and Internship Fair
The LAU Career & Internship Fair is an event that allows students and alumni to network with potential employers from a wide range of industries.
Important information for students
Check the Career Portal
To view and apply to various local and international internship/job opportunities relevant to your major, please check the new LAU International Career Portal.
Attend on campus recruitment presentations
Ongoing recruitment presentations take place on both campuses during the academic year allowing students to learn more about specific industries, careers, and organizations. HR representatives from various local and multinational firms meet with the students to deliver presentations about their firms and share with them guidelines about the recruitment process, as well as internships and career opportunities.
Check this website regularly or get in touch with the career advisors to sign up for the next available presentation.