- A valid LAU ID card must be presented for entry into the main Gymnasium (adjacent to Irwin Hall) and Fitness Center (WKSC) when asked to do so by the Athletics Office staff and/or assistants. ID cards are non-transferable and may be used only by the person to whom it is issued.
- Entry to the different facilities is through the main entrance door only. Use of any other door is strictly prohibited.
- All athletics facilities are non-smoking facilities. Chewing gum is also prohibited in the designated areas.
- Appropriate athletic attire is required at all times. Formal pants, jeans, cutout jeans, see through suit, unapproved footwear and bare footing is strictly prohibited.
- Children of LAU faculty and staff of any age are not allowed to use the swimming pool unless accompanied by their parent(s) at all times.
- Children of LAU faculty and staff of any age are not allowed to use the fitness center unless duly registered as an LAU student.
- Spirited competition is always encouraged, but unsportsmanlike conduct, the use of profanity, and other types of misconduct are also prohibited and will be dealt with accordingly.
- No pets of any kind are allowed in the designated facilities.
- Any breach of any of the above rules and regulations will be sanctioned according to the LAU Students’ Code of Conduct & Code of Ethics.
Disclaimer: Participation in sports and extracurricular activities including the use of facilities and equipment is absolutely voluntary. The LAU Athletics Office will not be held responsible for any illness or injury resulting from improper use of the facilities and equipment, particularly fitness and cardiovascular equipment.
The LAU Athletics Office has a limited supply of sports equipment available. Equipment is provided only to varsity team members, during organized training sessions and activities and free play hours. Personal sports equipment is not allowed.
Personal belongings should always be secured in gym bags, backpacks, etc. The LAU Athletics Office is not responsible for any lost, damaged, stolen, or misplaced personal items. The owner can claim lost items that were found and surrendered at either the Athletics Office or the Lost & Found Office (Security Office, Old Faculty Apartments, across from main gymnasium, lower campus).
All temporary announcements for classes, activities, programs and other general notices should be duly stamped by the Office of the Dean of Students. Only officially stamped signs/notices will be posted and unauthorized signs will be removed accordingly.
Tennis Courts Reservation
First priority in scheduling is always given to instructional use and organized sports. All remaining time slots are used to accommodate the LAU student body, faculty, staff and families. The Athletics Office reserves the right to restrict the use of the facilities due to athletic or campus activities or special events. Individuals or partners can reserve the outdoor tennis courts through the following procedures:
- Reservations can be made in person at the Athletics Office during regular hours and at least 24 hours ahead of time.
- Reservations are administered by the Tennis Coach on Extension 3117.
- An individual making a reservation must claim the court in person at the Athletics Office and deposit his/her LAU ID fifteen minutes before the reserved time slot. Courts not occupied within fifteen minutes after the scheduled reservation time become available on a first come first served basis.
- No reservations are allowed for two consecutive hours. Partners or teams may not reserve the same court for back-to-back hours.
Users scheduled for a time slot must use that time slot or cancel the reservation before making another reservation.