LAU’s Youth Sports Academy offers young participants of all skill levels training and practice in different sports (Basketball, Swimming and Tennis) under the supervision of experienced coaches in the safe and friendly environment of the LAU Beirut campus. Training camps, friendlies and possibly Competitions against other academies, and intensive training during holidays are among the several activities of the LAU Youth Sports Academy.
Recent studies have shown that exercising helps children:
- Study and perform better on tests
- Stay positive and energized, even off the field
- Make friendships that last a lifetime
Give your kids the gift of athletics by enrolling them in LAU’s Youth Sports Academy.
Why join LAU YSA?
- Acquire or improve on fundamental techniques
- Develop moral principles and characteristics such as dedication, teamwork, discipline, respect, self-confidence and sportsmanship.
- Enhance your skills and performances in competition
- Practice in well-maintained and supervised facilities.
- Stand a chance of obtaining an athletic scholarship at LAU.
Teams and schedule: September 8- June 30
|BASKETBALL (7 to 17 years)|
|AGE CATEGORIES||SATURDAY - SUNDAY|
|Under 13 Girls/Boys (7-12)||12:00-1:30 p.m.|
|Under 18 Girls (13-17)||10:30 a.m. -12:00 p.m.|
|Under 18 Boys (13-17)||12:00-1:30 p.m.|
|TENNIS (6 to 17 years)|
|Groups are divided by levels (Beginner, Intermediate and Advance)||9:00-10:00 a.m. or 10:00-11:00 a.m.|
|SWIMMING ( 3 years and above)|
|Groups are divided by levels (Beginner, Intermediate and Advance)||9:00-10:00 a.m. or 10:00-11:00 a.m. or 11:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.|
*The above information is subject to change. You will be informed of any changes taking place.
Registration Fees/ Month
Two sessions per week:
10% discount for Staff, Faculty and Alumni
The fees should be paid at the Athletics Office on LAU Beirut campus
|Winter (September - May)||Summer (June - August)|
|8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.|
For further information, please contact us by e-mail or call us on 03-791314, ext. 1317.