LAU’s Girls Sports Academy (GSA) offers female participants aged 7 to 17 of all skill levels training and practice in Basketball–and potentially other sports in the future–under the supervision of experienced coaches in the safe and friendly environment of the LAU Beirut campus. Training camps, friendlies and possibly tournaments against other academies, and intensive training during holidays are among the several activities of the LAU GSA.
Why join LAU GSA?
- Acquire or improve on fundamental techniques, from footwork, speed and agility, to ball-handling and shooting.
- Develop moral principles and characteristics such as dedication, teamwork, discipline, respect, self-confidence and sportsmanship.
- Enhance your skills and performances in matches.
- Practice in well-maintained and supervised facilities.
- Stand a chance of obtaining an athletic scholarship at LAU.
Coach Sabine Fakhoury played in Al-Riyadi Club’s 1st Division Team from 2004 to 2015, and represented Lebanon in the Asian Championship in 2011. She is currently the head coach of the LAU Men’s Basketball JV Team and the Senior Athletics Coordinator at LAU-Beirut campus.
Teams and schedule
|Team||Age range||Proposed training dates|
|Under-13||Ages 7 - 12||12:00 - 1:30 p.m||9:00 - 10:30 p.m.|
|Under-18||Ages 13 - 17||10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.|
*The above information is subject to change. You will be informed of any changes taking place.
Yearly membership: $100 (Includes insurance fees and 1 outfit)
Monthly fees: $80
The fees should be paid at the Athletics Office on LAU Beirut campus during weekdays between the following hours once you submit the application or during the first training date.
|Winter (September - May)||Summer (June - August)|
|8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.|
For further information, please contact us by e-mail or call us on 03-791314, ext. 1317.