Step 1: Check if you are eligible to run for elections
Criteria at the time of the election:
- Completed at least 15 credit hours at LAU not counting withdrawals
- Currently enrolled at LAU and registered in at least 12 credit hours
- Achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Has NOT received any disciplinary warning
- Has at least two more semesters to graduate
View the Student Council Bylaws
Step 2: Fill out and submit the Nomination Form
After you fill out and submit the online Nomination Form, please pass by the Office of Dean of Students to sign it as per the below table. Make sure to bring your 2017-2018 ID with you.
|Nomination period||Friday September 22 until Tuesday September 26, 2017|
|Time||9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
Beirut campus: Riman Jurdak: WKSC Level 4, Room 406
Byblos campus: Alan Kairouz: Office of the Dean of Students, Room 201
Candidates’ eligibility to run for the elections will be checked by the Office of the Dean of Students within two working days after the submission of application.
Deadline for withdrawal of nominees: Tuesday October 3, 2017 at 2:00 p.m.
Step 3: Address your fellow students in a public forum
As a candidate, you are given the opportunity to address your fellow students regarding your campaign:
|Date:||Monday October 2 & Tuesday October 3, 2017|
|Time:||12:00 - 1:00 p.m.|
Beirut campus: Adnan Kassar School of Business Building
Byblos campus: Fountain area
Step 4: Attend the governance workshop
- Beirut campus: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 @ 5:00 p.m. in Adnan Kassar School of Business Building, Room 904
- Byblos campus: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 @ 6:00 p.m. in Science Building, Room 607
Step 5: Submit the Candidate Campaign Form
Accepted candidates are requested to fill out the Candidate Campaign Form to present their credentials and their proposed plan for the year.
- Monday October 2, 2017 until 2:00 p.m.
- The Campaign Forms will be posted on campus by the Office of the Dean of Students
Silent Period - All campaigning shall stop starting:
Wednesday October 4 as of 1:00 p.m.