Thinking of changing your major? Check this new rule.
Students with an approved change of major that will be in effect starting Fall 2019 will have the option of dropping from the Grade Point Average (GPA) computation the grades of up to 3 courses (max. 9 cr.) taken at LAU belonging to the requirements of the old major, provided these courses are not required in the new major.
This rule does not apply to students who have changed their major before Fall 2019 and will be reflected in the Fall 2019 Academic Catalogue.
Fellowship & Leadership Program (FLP)
FLP is reserved to students and involve creative work in leadership programs centered around LAU’s flagship simulation programs in both Lebanon and New York and in a plethora of civic engagement and youth empowerment activities that OCE is vigorously undertaking.
Requirements & Privileges:
- Fellows must have evidence based experience in any field related to simulation programs such as logistics, public information, public relations, school relations and training and educational development;
- Fellows must produce quality work with full dedication to professional excellence and spirit of service;
- Fellows must show readiness for creative contributions to quality deliverables;
- Fellows will receive certificate of recognition;
- Fellows will receive symbolic remuneration taking into account the volunteering nature of the program; and,
- Fellows will gain second to none practical leadership experience.
If you are interested, please register before April 20, 2019. The program will start in May 2019.
For more information, please contact Dana Hibri Achi on 01 786456 ext. 1115
Attention All students: Confidentiality Policy and Opt-out Form – Spring 2019
As a student, you are covered by the LAU’s Confidentiality Policy, which restricts the disclosure of confidential information within and outside the University. In specific situations listed in the policy, LAU may release your directory information without your consent unless you opt out of such disclosure. LAU treats the following information as directory information:
- telephone number
- student ID number
- email address
- date and place of birth and nationality
- most recent educational institution(s) previously attended
- participation in sports and activities
- major field(s) of study
- enrollment status (e.g., full time/part time, campus attended, class year)
- dates of attendance at the University
- degrees and awards received
To exclude all or part of your directory information from disclosure under the Confidentiality Policy, you may complete and sign a Directory Information Opt-Out Form and submit it to the Registrar’s Office. An Opt-Out Form will take effect once received by the Registrar’s Office for the remainder of the semester in which it is received. A new Opt-Out Form must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office at the beginning of each semester.
View the University’s Confidentiality Policy, including a copy of the Directory Information Opt-Out
Repeating courses NEW!
Effective Spring 2019, students are not allowed to repeat a course in which they have earned a grade above B-, or an Incomplete. When a course is repeated, only the latest grade earned in the course will be included when calculating the student’s cumulative and major GPA.
To know more. View the Academic Rules and Procedures for undergraduates.
Change your password regularly and don’t share it
Passwords we use daily are the key not only to your LAU email and applications, but also to your social media, phone, bank accounts, online shopping, etc… Since you might tend to use the same password for all the above services, we highly recommend that you do not share your passwords with your friends and to periodically change them to reduce the risk of having your accounts hacked. If someone else has your password, they can access your portal, banner, financial information, and even take surveys and vote in your place.
To know more on how to change your LAU webmail password, follow this link: http://it.lau.edu.lb/faqs/change-lau-email-password.php